11 Creative Email Newsletter Building Tips
Learn 11 amazing email newletter building tips for a successful email list and getting better results from your email marketing.
What’s one of the greatest ways to convey all the amazing offers, deals, and tips you have with your customers? Newsletters! Email-marketing has proven time and time again that it connects with people in the most effective way.
Undoubtedly, it stands on the pillars of an excellent email newsletter. What constitutes a click-worthy creative newsletter though? What gets people to open and read one? How is the strong connection established through an online readable document? The answers to these questions lie in the sole factor of human psychology. It is always a great combination of eye-catching graphic elements, compelling copy, and powerful CTAs that get subscribers to click.
Companies have often experienced high unsubscribe rates after a certain point of time in their email marketing campaigns. And, there may be several reasons for that, one of which is definitely a lack of creative inducement. It takes more than just pretty fonts and big words to get people to click-through into your website. More importantly, it takes a winning email marketing strategy and an efficient email marketing solution to reach out to customers and influence their purchase decision.
Starting with the basics, let’s take a look at what constitutes a creative Newsletter.
What Makes a Good Creative Email Newsletter?
As mentioned before, a good email marketing strategy is what forms the foundation of a creative newsletter. Depending on the objectives of individual campaigns, newsletters can be created using intelligent email marketing software solutions.
What is an Email Newsletter?
An email newsletter is essentially a digital document talking about various things including news, updates, tips, offers, deals and more pertaining to a brand. They are typically used for different purposes including increasing engagement, gaining more subscribers or followers, improving sales, promoting products or services, promoting events, generating more website traffic, etc. They are usually a part of email marketing campaigns and can be sent on a daily, weekly, monthly, or even quarterly basis depending on the objectives of the campaign.
There are three aspects of a newsletter that directly impact its effectiveness:
1. Copy: The copy or the body of the newsletter is perhaps the most powerful and significant element that contributes towards its effectiveness. When writing the content, you need to carefully think about the purpose of the letter and craft compelling text using powerful words and solid persuasive facts. Nothing beats the influence a great piece of content can deliver. When writing copy you must also remember to be clear and concise. You also need to utilize customer profile information to provide personalized content. As we all know by now, the more personalized and fine-tuned a message is, the higher the chances for them to click through.
2. Visual Elements: The second element that contributes greatly to the success of an email newsletter is aesthetics, that is, the graphical composition of the newsletter. There are scientific and logically formed combinations of colors, fonts, shapes, and other creative elements proven to appeal to the human mind and eye. Granted, as an entrepreneur with no real knowledge about graphic design, you may not know of the science of creating visually appealing content. This is why you have top-notch email marketing software solutions out in the market, ready to take care of it for you.
Engage More Audience by Automating your Email Marketing Campaigns with MailSend Sign Up 14 Day Trial
To make newsletters more engaging and inviting for subscribers it features a form builder as well with which you can collect responses or receive feedback, create surveys, offer contests for subscribers to participate in, and more. Apart from newsletter creation, Mailsend also comes with a simple drip campaign builder where you can visualize, plan and create effective email-drp campaigns. You can create appropriate attractive newsletters to complement your email-campaigns and combine the two to set your email marketing plan in action. In addition to email-campaigns, Mailsend also helps prepare important reports and metrics such as open rates and click-through rates that are crucial for growth. It also provides essential integrations with SendGrid and Mailgun to ensure deliverability.
3. Subject Line: The third and perhaps the most crucial element that directly affects the open rate of an email is the subject line. Needless to say, you need to be as clear, concise, and as persuasive as possible with your subject. A creative newsletter offers an irresistible urge to open the email and view the content. This means that the subject line should also serve as a short preview of the email content. It should ideally provide a glimpse of the value that they are likely to receive from the email. Per the latest trend of hyper-personalization in email marketing, you can utilize dynamic email content on the subject line to make it more resonating and relatable to customers.
You can use website email analytics and cookies to gather specific subscriber information to provide exactly what your subscribers want to hear from you. Each email newsletter created with personalized content and visually appealing graphics is sure to convert into a sale if it offers the right deal to the right customers at the right time. Sales and marketing coach Jose R Rosado spells out his detailed step-by-step guide on how you can create a winning email newsletter In This Post. Now, we know what makes a good newsletter, here are 11 tips on how you can build the most creative newsletter.
11 Tips to Build the Most Creative Newsletter:
The aforementioned information must have given a fair idea about email marketing and newsletters. Explore the following tips to create creative email newsletters:
1. Choose the Right Email Marketing Tool: The most important step to ensuring that your emails are effective is to get an efficient email solution that compliments your email marketing strategy and your team's needs. Most companies make the mistake of choosing a solution that is merely popular or one that comes with the Most Features.
Engage more audience by automating your Email Marketing Campaigns with MailSend Sign Up 14 Day Trial
However, what you need is a combination of value and practicality. For example, if your company is in an acceleration stage, then you will need a solution that is easy to scale and handles load well. Similarly, if your team is working on a remote basis and is scattered across the country, then you will need a cloud-based email solution instead of an on-premise one.
In terms of creativity, if you are just starting and you cannot afford to have a design team in place, you can deploy a solution that offers good email templates to start with and is also easy to use, like Mailsend. This way, you need to consider your specific state of affairs in business, prioritize your needs in terms of features and choose a solution that best fits your business model.
2. Decide and Stick to a Primary Goal for Each Newsletter: Some newsletters tend to convey too many ideas all at once. It will only confuse your subscribers and make them bounce. Decide on a single and solid primary goal for each newsletter instead. Think about whether you are writing to attract more visitors or increase engagement or get customers to sign up for an event etc. Craft your entire email with the primary goal in mind, which means you need to have a single call-to-action at the end. Sticking to one specific objective will help you put the rest of your email in place.
3. Do not Go Overboard with Design Elements: It is common practice for inexperienced marketers to use a lot of design elements in their emails in an attempt to make the newsletter attractive. However, what needs to be remembered is that it is always a minimalist design that makes a creative newsletter. Rather than using a lot of colors and fonts, it is always a good idea to stick to a maximum of two or three colors and one or two font styles.
""Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."" – Leonardo Da Vinci
Until you get the hang of it, you can always rely on newsletter templates provided by top-notch email marketing solutions like Mailsend.
4. Stick to the “F”: Research and studies suggest that people mostly read through any page with text, in a pattern forming the silhouette of the letter “F”. You can follow the same pattern when placing content in your emails to attain maximum effectiveness. Keep in mind the silhouette when brainstorming the layout of your newsletters. Also, remember to contain your text within the boundaries of your template.
5. Use High-quality Images and Graphics: One thing that never fails to catch attention, no matter what kind of marketing collateral you use, is a high-quality image. Some of the biggest names in the world including the likes of Ralph Lauren, Charlotte Tilbury, and Apple use only the highest resolution for their images. Make sure your solution supports high-quality images and uses ones with deep meanings that convey what you want to say most creatively.
6. Use Trending Elements that Resonate with Your Brand Voice: There is nothing wrong with following a trend in graphic design as long as it fits your brand voice. Do not be afraid to try out formats like GIF in your content to make it interesting for your readers. An image that moves, is almost a sure-fire way to grab attention. Add value to it by making it relatable and you are guaranteed a click. You can also make use of normal video content and simple animations to add movement and color to your emails.
7. Incorporate Gamification and Interactive Elements: Just like GIF images, another popular and guaranteed way to grab and sustain reader attention is to use gamification. Everyone loves to play games no matter what age they are. Get your subscribers to interact and engage with your content by including games, contests, pop quizzes with rewards and surveys. Email solutions like Mailsend support amazing interactive elements like forms to help business owners make creative newsletters.
8. Make Your Emails Mobile Responsive: In this day and age, any piece of digital content is likely to be opened and read on a mobile phone. The same applies to email as well. Make sure to use mobile responsive designs in your newsletters so that the effort you put into making a creative newsletter pays off. Statistics suggest that an email that fails to load correctly on a phone is likely to get deleted before even getting opened.
9. Add Personality to Your Emails with Branding: Never forget to use creative branding elements throughout your email design. You can always start with a creative email newsletters template to form the design, but always remember to customize it to fit your brand with colors, fonts, and other elements. It adds more personality to your emails and gets your brand registered in the minds of the readers.
10. Talk About Your Goals and Upcoming Product Launches: You don’t have to stick to news, announcements, and other conventional one-way formats of content. If you have plans to launch some new products or services in the future or if you have any other growth plans for your brand you can talk about that as well in your newsletters. Ask them for their opinions and feedback, get them to participate, join in on your growth and build excitement.
11. Use Email Retargeting for Better Resonance: As mentioned before, a creative newsletter is one that always resonates and speaks to your audience. And, one of the most effective ways to bank on resonance is to use email retargeting campaigns. Install cookies and user analytics to monitor customer behavior and utilize the information to send retargeted emails to segmented groups to maximize conversions.
To build the most creative newsletter, one thing you must always keep in mind is building a connection. Minimalist graphics with relatable content and a strategically persuasive call to action are bound to work.
Email newsletters are a great tool for driving engagement and conversions. However, building an effective newsletter can be challenging. In this blog, we provided 11 creative tips for building an email newsletter that will engage your subscribers. To learn more about the benefits of email newsletters and avail them, check out MailSend by 500apps. Investing in B2B email campaigns can be extremely beneficial for businesses. By taking the time to optimize their campaigns, businesses can see a significant return on investment.
What Makes the Best Email Marketing Software?
Send unlimited newsletters and promotional emails to your contacts
Create multi-step email sequences using visual flow designer
Choose your own email gateway provider or get 5000 user emails every month for FREE
Personalize your email using merge functions and dynamic images
Trigger marketing automation rules based on email opens or clicks
Assure GDPR compliance and double opt-in consent
Send bulk emails to unlimited subscriber lists in different projects
Generate and analyze the detailed reports on email campaigns
Unbelievable pricing - the lowest you will ever find
Everything your business needs - 50 apps, 24/5 support and 99.95% uptime
Join the SaaS Revolution
All-in-One Suite of 50 apps
Unbelievable pricing - â¹999/user
24/5 Chat, Phone and Email Support
Email Finder Author Finder Email Validator Email List Email Hunter Email Checker Email Lookup Email Extractor Email Address Finder Email Scraper Find Emails CRM Software CRM Sales CRM CRM Software Enterprise CRM Software Cloud CRM Software Sales Enablement Workflow Automation Retail CRM Call Center CRM Real Estate CRM Sales Tool SDR Software Sales Engagement Platform Sales Qualified Leads Lead Management Tool Sales Tracking Sales Automation Outbound Sales Sales Prospecting Follow Up Leads Lead Management Call Center Software Call Center Software Outbound Call Center Auto Dialer Software Dialer Call Monitoring Automatic Call Distributor Answering Machine Detection Cloud Contact Center Software Virtual Call Center Call Management Time Tracking Time Tracking Employee Monitoring Time Tracker Time Tracking Software Timesheet Employee Time Clock Employee Tracking App Timekeeping Tracking App Time Clock App Applicant Tracking System ATS Applicant Tracking System Application Tracking System Applicant Software Recruiting Software ATS System Applicant Tracking Applicant Tracker Recruitment Software Candidate Relationship Management Systems Video Interviews Assessment Management Recruitment Software Video Interview Virtual Interview Coding Interview Interview Tool Online Assessment Employment Assessment Test Position Management Hiring App HRMS Software Human Resource Management HRMS Software HR Software Payroll Software Human Resource Software Employee Onboarding HRMS HR System Employee Management Document Management AI Writer Lead Enrichment AI Email Writer Sales Pitch Writer AI LinkedIn Outreach SEO Email writer Backlink Email Writer LinkedIn Chrome Extension Opening Line Writer Lead Generation Linkedin Search Prospect Lead Generation Sales Generation Data Enrichment CRM Integrations Technology Search Search with Email Integrations Website Search OKR Tool KPI OKR Task Management Performance Review Employee Performance Evaluation Employee Review Performance Management System OKR Goals MBO Email Notifications Learning Management System LMS Elearning Enterprise Learning Management Professional Development Employee Training Learning Management System Learning Platform Asynchronous Learning Training Management Knowledge Management Chatbot Chatbot AI Chatbot Customer Service Chatbot Online Chatbot Create Chatbot Messenger Chatbot Chatbot Software Website Chatbot Software Survey Bot Bot Builder Help Desk Software Ticketing Tool User Experience Help Desk Software Ticketing System Helpdesk Ticketing System Feedback Management Service Desk Software Support Ticketing Software Helpdesk Support Software Customer Service Ticketing System Live Chat Customer Service Software Live Chat Software Live Chat App Live Chat System Website Live Chat Live Chat Tool Web Chat Software Live Chat Support Software Customer Service Tool Live Chat Service Customer Feedback Customer Feedback Survey Customer Feedback Management Software Feedback Management Tool Customer Satisfaction Survey Software Customer Feedback Management System Client Feedback Software Survey Analysis Feedback Survey Software Feedback Management System User Feedback Software Customer Onboarding Customer Success Management Onboarding Process Workflows Customer Retention Customer Journey Onboarding Checklist User Segmentation Personalization Customized Templates Popup Builder API Platform End To End API Management Unified API Control REST API Management Web API Gateway API Documentation API Management API Integration API Development Unlimited Projects API Gateway Single Sign on Authentication Software Application Management Password Management SSO Configuration SSO Single Sign-On Access Management Easy Set-Up Single Login Secure Login App Builder App Builder Platform Low Code Application Platforms Low Code Development Build Your Own App Low Code App Software Drag And Drop Builder Custom Application Low Code Platform Low Code No Code Bespoke Software App Widgets Custom Widget File Picker Playground OAuth Keys File Manager Website Monitoring Reporting Web Application Monitoring Website Monitoring App Monitoring Performance Monitor App Baseline Analysis Location Insights Alerting System Reporting Wireframe Tool Design UI UX Project Management Mock Designer Wireframe Designer Website Mockup UI Prototyping Image Library Project Management Real-Time Updates Design UI UX Website Builder Website Builder Webpage Builder Website Creator Landing Page Creator Website Maker Blog Builder Ecommerce Website Builder Website Analytics Website Development Landing Page Builder Email Marketing Email Marketing Software Bulk Email Sender Automated Email Email Campaign Systems Email Automation Software Autoresponders Email Blast Service Email Marketing Email Marketing Automation Drip Campaigns Social Media Management Instagram Post Scheduler Social Media Analytics Social Media Management Social Media Planner Social Media Calendar Social Media Scheduling Social Media Listening Social Media Monitoring Social Listening SEO Tool Keyword Tool Link Building SEO Optimizer Website Audit On-Page SEO Broken Link Checker Rank Tracker Website Grader SEO Competitor Analysis Website Recording Website Analytics Click Tracking Usability Testing Website Monitoring Mouse Tracking Visitor Recording Session Replay Conversion Funnels Website Recording Website Visitor Tracker Website Personalization Lead Generation Tool Popup Maker Lead Generation Software Popup Builder Website Personalization Software Lead Capture Software Popup Builder Lead Capture Tool Lead Generation App Website Personalization App Content Planner Content Planner AI Writer Social Media Content Planner Ai Content Writer Social Media Content Calendar Content Generator AI Blog Writer Content Marketing Software Social Media Calendar Social Media Planner Push Notification Push Notification Push Messages Push Notification Service Push Service Push Notification App Custom Notifications Mobile Push Notifications Push Notification For Website Push Notification Tool Push Notification Providers Image Personalization Email Marketing Template Countdown Clock Personalization Software Personalized Software Countdown Clock Countdown Timer In Email Personalization Tool Personalized Images Personalized Videos Conversational Chatbot PPC Management Keyword Research PPC Management PPC Marketing Keyword Finder Keyword Generator Shopping Ads Adwords Reports Keyword Research Tool Keyword Suggestion Tool Team Chat Team Chat Software Collaboration Software Team Collaboration Team Communication Online Collaboration Collaboration Tool Teamwork Collaboration Virtual Communication Team Collaboration Software Business Phone System Virtual Phone Numbers Virtual PBX Toll Free Numbers Business Phone System IVR PBX Small Business Phone System PBX System VoIP Phone Cloud Phone Video Conferencing Video Conferencing Video Call Recording Virtual Conferencing Software Virtual Meetings Virtual Meeting Platforms Virtual Conference Platforms Online Conference Platforms Video Calling Software Cloud Meetings Video Conferencing Software Email Provider Email Software Software For Emails Hosted Emails Email With Domain Custom Email Address Email Hosting Business Email Address Email Encrypted Custom Domain Email Project Management Software Project Management Task Management Project Planner Project Management Tool Task Management Software Project Planning Software Project Management App Task Management App Project Management System Project Management Software Form Builder Form Builder Survey Builder Order Forms Web Forms Form Maker Form Creator Form Designer Survey Maker Survey Creator Custom Form Appointment Scheduling Appointment Scheduling Software Appointment Scheduling System Meetings Scheduler Appointment Scheduling App Online Appointment Scheduling Online Scheduling App Appointment Scheduler Appointment Booking App Calendar Scheduler Online Scheduler Robotic Process Automation RPA Tools RPA RPA Automation Robotic Automation Software Data Scraper Web Scraper Robotic Automation Website Scraper Business Process Automation Robotic Process Automation Business Process Management Workflow Management Business Process Modelling Business Process Automation BPMN BPM Software BPM Tool Business Process Management Workflow Software Workflow Automation Business Process Mapping App Integration Workflow Software Workflow App Workflow Automation Process Automation Application Integration Data Integration Tool Workflow Management Software Data Integration Software Workflow Tool Marketing Automation Electronic Signature Signature Maker Digital Signature Software Digital Signature Pdf Signer Esign Online Signature Signature Creator Sign Documents Online Electronic Sign E Signature